I know, I know. This seems to be all I’m doing lately, but… Well, it is all I’ve been doing lately! Just ask the hubby.
So, I seem to have settled into being around 4000 words behind. This is thanks to the days off from writing due to the sty I got in my right eye and the treatment that leaves said eye foggy. Let me tell you, this can be very annoying when you’re trying to type.
Anywho, I’ve been keeping copies of my story on various websites and storage devices so that the only possible way for me not to be able to work on my story on the computer is for there not to be a computer present. (In which case, I pull out the old paper and pencil.)
- I have a copy on the hard drive of my work computer
- AND my new netbook
- I’m keeping the text in a private blog post on my old story blog that has nothing on it anymore
- I’m keeping a copy in google docs
- I’m keeping a copy on my flash drive (This is the only one that doesn’t get updated very often.
- And, of course, the copy in my head that gets attention when I can’t type OR write. This is also beneficial for the paper and pencil sessions when I need to remember what was just happening.
So, yeah, I’ve got the data issue covered.
Lastly, just something I thought I’d share. On my story blog, the last comment I got was from my husband saying:
“Finish it!!! ;)”
Every time I log in to update there, I see it and it gives me a little bit of motivation. Thanks Babe! (^_^)